National Policy on Education 2020 was announced after 34 years of the previous Education Policy which was incorporated in 1986. Hence it is the first education policy of the 21st century.
At the Conference, the Honorable Prime Minister shared that they started working on NEP five years ago and suggestions of more than two lakh people both rural and urban have been incorporated to formulate the NEP2020 policy.
Key Highlights of his speech
- Students can now choose and study subjects as per their interest. The pressure on students for specific streams shall be removed.
- Practical learning and vocational exposure since early years will help develop tremendous talent and be the foundation for Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- The new policy lays emphasis on practicality, performance, critical analysis and assessment.
- Children will learn about their culture, language and heritage at the foundation level which will ensure holistic learning and growth
- An Academic Bank of Credit, or ABC, will be established to digitally store the academic credits earned from various recognised higher educational institutes so that the credits earned in the previous years can be awarded after entering into the programme again.
- NEP2020 is a strong step to move from a “one size fits all” approach to a personalized and non judgemental approach to education.
Key highlights of President Kovind’s address
He also outlined that:
- NEP 2020 requires joint and coordinated action by the Center and the States.
- To strengthen the culture of research, all universities and higher educational institutions will have to work with the National Research Foundation.
- Indian languages, art and culture have been given priority in NEP2020.
The conference and the visionary remarks of both the leaders clearly indicated that the NEP is a transformational step forward towards progressive and holistic education for the future.
In the iDream Learning App, we have already started including Life Skills, Digital Books on holistic education and different interest areas as a premise to implementing the NEP with Digital Content.
At iDream Education, we have been strongly advocating the need for a personalized and non judgemental environment for learning and we believe that this shall bring about a transformation in the way our students learn and grow into flourishing citizens of a glorious nation.
Also Read: Best Learning App in Hindi
Download Now – Educational App
Watch Now – Best learning videos for 1st to 12th class
Follow Our Social Media Channel
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/idreameducation
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/idreameducation/