A Candid Conversation of Prime Minister Narendra Modi Ji with students, teachers, and parents during Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024
In the 7th edition of Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024 (PPC) held at Bharat Mandapam in New Delhi. PM Modi Ji in PPC emphasized a connection between students and teachers that goes beyond mere syllabus and curriculum.
Pariksha Pe Charcha PPC is initiated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi Ji. It is a collective effort aimed at uniting students, parents, teachers, and society. Its goal is to cultivate an environment that celebrates, encourages, and enables each child to fully express their unique individuality.
Prime Minister Modi Ji’s Meaningful Engagement during Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024
The Prime Minister’s immersive engagement at the art and crafts exhibition, underscores Modi Ji’s genuine interest in understanding the creative intent behind each student’s project. This direct involvement serves as a clear testament to the value placed on students and their innovative contributions to society. It emphasizes on students’ primary need of being heard and valued and such direct participation by the Prime Minister is sure to inspire and motivate students.
Similarly, while starting Pariksha Pe Charcha,
Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan Ji addressed students by mentioning “The responsibility of making India a developed nation by 2047 rests on your shoulders and your support.“
Questions addressed during the 7th edition of Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024
External Stress and Pressure
Md. Arsh student from Govt. Sarvodaya Bal Vidyalaya, Burari in Delhi, and Dania Shabu, class 10th student from a private CBSE school in Oman brought up this question in Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024. The students requested the Prime Minister to suggest ways to address pressure from external factors, such as cultural and societal expectations.
- To this, PM Modi Ji highlighted the role of parents and teachers in collectively mitigating stress by discussing ways to reduce stress for each student. On the other hand, he encouraged the students to mentally prepare themselves, drawing a parallel with the experience of traveling from one extreme climate to another. Just as the mind adapts to extreme weather conditions in advance, he advised assessing stress levels and gradually increasing them to ensure that the students’ capabilities are not impacted with stress instead they are ready with the ways to deal with external stress and pressure.
Teacher’s Role in keeping students motivated
Bunty Medi, a music teacher from Sivasagar Assam, and Shri Kondakanchi Sampatha Rao, a teacher from ZP High School, Upparapalli, Andhra Pradesh brought up this question in Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024. The teachers requested the Prime Minister to guide them on the role of teachers in motivating their students.
- In response, Modi Ji said that the music teacher holds the potential to alleviate the stress not only for a specific class but for all students in the school. He then said if teachers are looking for strategies to reduce students’ exam stress, then the need of hour is to first eliminate the connection that is built only for exams. He suggested that teachers should establish a stronger connection with their students from the beginning of the academic year. By fostering a deeper connection, students would feel more comfortable discussing their concerns, ultimately leading to a stress-free exam environment.
- He then illustrated the current digital era and pointed out that both teachers and students nowadays have smartphones. However, he questioned whether students have ever reached out to them to discuss non-academic matters, highlighting the prevailing connection of teachers and students which is specific subjects. Modi Ji then said that “When teachers expand their role beyond subject matters, students would be more inclined to share their stress, creating an positive environment without any stress of exams”
- To make it more understandable, he shared the example of doctors establishing a personal connection with their patients, the Prime Minister emphasized that this connection serves as a significant aspect of the healing process. He then concluded by saying, “Build a personal relationships with families and acknowledge students for their accomplishments before them” because “teachers are more than just a job role, they have the responsibility of shaping the lives of their students”.
Competition among friends and peer pressure
Bhagya Laxmi from Govt Demonstration Multipurpose School in Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Swathi Dileep from Kendriya Vidyalaya, Calicut, Kerala, and Drashti Chauhan from JNV Panchmahal in Gujarat brought up this question in Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024. The students and teacher requested the Prime Minister to guide the ways to avoid unhealthy or unnecessary competition and not take peer pressure.
- In response to this, the Prime Minister underscored the significance of fostering healthy competition. He emphasized that unhealthy competition often originates in family situations, therefore urged parents to avoid the situation that can lead to comparison among siblings. To make his suggestion more relatable, the Prime Minister shared a video where children, while engaging in healthy competition, prioritized helping one another. Modi Ji further stressed that a friend’s achievement doesn’t limit one’s own potential.
- He urged parents to refrain from comparing their children to others and advised to not make the achievement of their children their visiting card. During Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024 PM Modi Ji encouraged students to celebrate their friends’ successes, emphasizing that “friendship is not based on transactional emotions”.
Dealing with Exam Stress
Adrita Chakraborti, a student of Pranavanda Bidya Mandir, West Tripura, Shaikh Taifur Rehman, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Bastar, Chhattisgarh and students from Adarsh Vidyalaya, Cuttack, Odisha, Rajyalaxmi Acharya brought up this question in Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024. The students requested the Prime Minister to guide them to deal with last moment stress or making silly mistakes during exams due to stress.
- The Prime Minister underscored the importance of avoiding that occur due to parental over-enthusiasm or excessive student diligence. He urged parents to refrain from exaggerating the significance of exam day through new clothing, rituals, or stationery. Simultaneously, he advised students against last-minute preparation, encouraging a relaxed mindset and eliminating external disruptions that could lead to unnecessary stress.
- Further, Modi Ji emphasized the significance of reading the question paper and strategically planning time allocation, to avoid last-minute panic. He reminded students that, despite the increasing prevalence of computers and phones, most exams are still written, and urged them to maintain the practice of writing. Proposing that 50 percent of their study time be dedicated to writing, he highlighted that true understanding often comes through the act of writing. Additionally, the Prime Minister encouraged students not to panic because of the pace of other students.
Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle
This question in Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024 has been brought up by Najma Khatoon a student of PM SHRI Kendriya Vidyalaya in Kargil, Ladakh, Abhishek Kumar Tiwari, and a teacher from Tobi Lahme a government higher secondary in Arunachal Pradesh and Dhiraj Subhas, a student of Senior Secondary School from Rajasthan. The students and teacher requested Modi Ji to guide them to maintain balance between a healthy lifestyle with studies and exam preparation.
- In this context, Prime Minister Narendra Modi underscored the importance of recharging mobile phones as a metaphor for the necessity of prioritizing physical health. He advocated for a well-rounded lifestyle and asked to avoid excess of everything. In continuity, he said, “A healthy body is crucial for a healthy mind“. Modi Ji elaborated on the idea, highlighting the significance of incorporating healthy routines such as spending time in sunlight and ensuring regular, quality sleep.
- The Prime Minister shared a personal insight, revealing his practice of achieving deep sleep within 30 seconds of going to bed, emphasizing the need for a balanced sleep cycle. He said, “Being fully awake when awake and enjoying sound sleep when asleep is a balance that can be attained“.
- Discussing nutrition, PM Modi emphasized the importance of maintaining a balanced diet. Additionally, he stressed the significance of regular exercise and engaging in physical activities to promote overall fitness.
This question in Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024 has been brought up by Aditi Tanwar of The Millennium School in Panipat, Haryana, and Madhumita Mallick of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Barrackpore, North 24 Pargana, West Bengal.
- In response to the situation, Prime Minister Modi emphasized the importance of gaining clarity in career paths to avoid confusion and indecisiveness. Drawing inspiration from the cleanliness initiative and the government’s commitment to it, he highlighted the growing significance of ‘Swachhata’ as a national priority. PM Modi shared that India’s art and culture sector has experienced a remarkable 250-fold growth in the past decade, encouraging students to recognize their potential in exploring various fields.
- Modi Ji further urged students not to underestimate themselves and emphasized the value of full dedication and going all in. He discussed the National Education Policy, highlighting its provisions that encourage students to explore diverse courses rather than being confined to a single academic stream. Commending the students’ participation, skills, and dedication in the showcased exhibition, he praised their effectiveness in communicating government schemes compared to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- PM Modi Ji stressed the need for decisiveness to eliminate confusion in choosing a career path. He illustrated the point with an analogy of ordering food in a restaurant. He advised evaluating the positives and negatives of decisions to be made, emphasizing the importance of thoughtful decision-making.
Role of Parents
This question in Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024 has been brought up by Deepasri, a student from Puducherry Government Higher Secondary School. She asked Modi Ji about the role of parents and ways to build trust.
- In addressing her inquiry, Prime Minister Modi Ji emphasized the prevalent issue of lack of trust within families. He urged parents and teachers to address this matter seriously. He said, lack of trust amongst students is not a sudden issue but is a result of a long process and requires students, teachers, and parents to do a deep self-analysis of their conduct. Modi Ji proposed that honest communication is a key strategy to rectify this situation. In alignment with this notion, he urged students to be sincere and honest.
- Furthermore, Modi Ji advocated for parents to express confidence in their children rather than doubting them. He then said, lack of trust can lead to depression in children. Thus, urged teachers to maintain open channels of communication with students and avoid favoritism.
- Modi Ji suggested an experimental approach, encouraging families and friends to regularly meet and discuss positive thoughts that can help children grow.
Intrusion of Technology
Abhinav Rana, a student from Kangoo, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh, and two parents Chandresh Jain from Pune, Maharashtra, and Kumari Puja Srivastava, from Ramgarh, Jharkhand brought up this question in Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024. They wanted to know how to educate and encourage students to manage exam stress effectively while enjoying the benefits of mobile technology for learning.
- Anything in excess can have detrimental effects, remarked the Prime Minister, drawing a parallel between the overuse of mobile phones and the overconsumption of home-cooked meals, which, despite being nutrient-rich, can lead to health issues. Emphasizing the need for judicious decision-making, he urged effective use of technology and mobile phones.
- Addressing a common parental concern, the Prime Minister highlighted the challenges related to privacy and secrecy. He advocated the establishment of family rules and regulations, including no use of electronic gadgets during dinner, and also suggested creating no gadget zones within homes.
- Acknowledging the inevitability of technology in today’s world, the Prime Minister underscored the importance of viewing it not as a burden but as a tool that must be used effectively. He encouraged students to educate their parents about the educational benefits of technology and suggested sharing passcodes within families to promote transparency, thereby preventing potential evils.
- In addition, Prime Minister Modi Ji recommended the use of dedicated mobile applications and tools to monitor screen time. He also stressed the need to educate students about the educational potential of mobile phones in the classroom.
Students M Vagesh from Chennai, Tamil Nadu, and Sneha Tyagi from Udam Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand during Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024 requested Prime Minister to share his approach to handling pressure and stress, seeking guidance on cultivating positivity
- The Prime Minister expressed satisfaction in acknowledging that children understand the challenges associated with the position of the Prime Minister. He emphasized that unforeseen situations are a part of everyone’s life and avoiding them is not a productive approach. According to the Prime Minister, a more effective strategy is to confront challenges actively, fostering continuous learning and personal enrichment.
- Highlighting his own approach, the Prime Minister stated, “I challenge every challenge“. Here, he emphasized the importance of not waiting passively for challenges to pass. He views each challenge as an opportunity to learn and grow, enriching his experience in dealing with new situations. The Prime Minister said, “I draw confidence from the support of the 1.4 billion citizens of the country, and for me, there are billions of solutions to every challenge”. He emphasized that his awareness of the capabilities of the nation and its people forms the fundamental basis of his thinking.
- Acknowledging that he will be at the forefront and mistakes will be his, still, my strength comes from the capabilities of the nation. He stated, “The more I enhance the capabilities of my countrymen, my ability to challenge the challenges improves’ ‘. To explain this further, he highlighted the issue of poverty as an example. He expressed the belief that when the poor actively strive to overcome poverty. With the necessary tools provided by the government, such as proper housing, sanitation, education, healthcare, and piped water, the eradication of poverty becomes achievable.
- While outlining the progress made during his 10-year tenure, Modi Ji said that 250 million people were lifted out of poverty. He further highlighted the positive impact of empowering individuals and providing essential resources.
With numerous examples during Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024, Prime Minister Modi emphasized the government’s commitment to creating a nation where both the current and future generations have opportunities to excel and showcase their abilities. He stressed the importance of a collective national resolve. In concluding his address, the Prime Minister encouraged all students, extending his best wishes for them to attain their life goals.
iDream Education Found Inspiration in Prime Minister Modi Ji’s Insightful Conversation with Students, Teachers, and Parents during Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024
Our commitment to students, teachers, and ecosystem partners is fueled by a common motivation. Through a diverse curriculum aligned with multi-categories digital content on iPrep, we aim to eliminate the stress experienced by students during learning as well as exams.
iPrep’s content is thoughtfully curated and created to make learning enjoyable and engaging for students. With its easily comprehensible K-12 content, iPrep eliminates the need for last-minute preparation and self-doubt among students. Additionally, the inclusion of non-academic content on iPrep is intended to empower students as suggested in NEP. Content beyond academics allows them to widen their horizon and form a better & deep understanding on important aspects of growth. This will help them in life, careers, and in building a better nation with more capable, responsible, and enabled individuals. By providing unrestricted access to a wide range of content, we align with the New Education Policy. Through this approach, we strive to empower students, enabling them to learn based on their individual interests
Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024, with Prime Minister Narendra Modi Ji, serves as a guiding light for students, teachers, and parents. Additionally, it provides valuable insights for the business fraternity.
Frequently Asked Questions -
1. What is Pariksha Pe Charcha?
Pariksha Pe Charcha (PPC), initiated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi Ji, is a collective effort aimed at uniting students, parents, teachers, and society. Since 2018, it has become a annual event where Prime Minister Narendra Modi Ji shares his valuable suggestions about conducting board exams and entrance exams in a relaxed and stress-free manner.
2. What is the goal of Pariksha Pe Charcha?
Goal of Pariksha Pe Charcha is to cultivate an environment that celebrates, encourages, and enables each child to fully express their unique individuality. The program aims to address the concerns and anxieties faced by students during exam times and provide them with guidance and motivation.
3. Where was Pariksha Pe Charcha held?
The 7th edition of Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024 (PPC) was held at Bharat Mandapam in New Delhi.
4. What were the questions of Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024?
How to deal with external stress and pressure? How to handle competition among friends and peer pressure? How to deal with exam stress? How can we maintain a healthy lifestyle? What is the role of parents and ways to build trust? How to educate and encourage students to manage exam stress while enjoying the benefits of mobile technology for learning?
5. What are key takeaways from Pariksha Pe Charcha 2024?
Students should mentally prepare themselves to handle stress in extreme situations that are inevitable. Teachers should establish a stronger connection with their students from the beginning of the academic year. Parents to avoid unhealthy competition and comparison among siblings. Students should avoid last-minute preparation, eliminate external disruptions leading to unnecessary stress and take exams with relaxed mindset. Students should have a well-rounded lifestyle to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Students should explore diverse courses rather than being confined to a single academic stream. Parents and students should be honest to build trust and urged students to be sincere and honest. Lastly, Modi Ji acknowledged the inevitability of technology in today's world, and underscored the importance of viewing technology not as a burden but as a tool that must be used effectively to enhance learning