PM Shri Schools – Scheme to Transform 14,500 Govt Schools as Model Schools for NEP 2020
A big step forward by PM MODI on Teachers’ Day
On 5th September 2022, Prime Minister announced the PM Shri Schools scheme to transform 14,500 schools into model schools. The change is under Pradhan Mantri Schools For Rising India Yojana. Further, the total cost of implementation is Rs.27360 crores for 5 years, from 2022-23 to 2026-27.
Aim of the PM-SHRI Scheme
To revamp PM-SHRI schools to model schools implementing and realizing all the aspects of the New National Educational Policy.
Key Focus Areas of the Scheme
- Imparting a modern, transformational and holistic educational approach to equip students with 21st-century skills
- Further, schools shall have modern infrastructure that includes new technology. A digital library, smart classrooms, smart ICT labs, digital learning tools, and so much more.
- Additionally, the focus is on achieving proficiency in learning outcomes of every grade. Therefore, evaluation at all levels in schools will be based on competency and conceptual understanding of students. It will also evaluate students’ ability to integrate their knowledge into real-life situations.
Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Education Minister, praised the initiative saying,
“It is a significant step towards the implementation of the vision of NEP to make India a vibrant knowledge society.”
He further emphasized on:
Development and Leadership of PM-SHRI Schools
- These schools will be developed as green schools. The focus will be on water conservation, waste recycling, energy-efficient infrastructure, and the integration of an organic lifestyle in the curriculum.
- Meanwhile, in alignment with the vision of NEP, the schools will enable leadership in their regions. Here, the focus is on making high-quality education equitable and the school environment joyful and inclusive. The motive is to meet the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds with different multilingual needs and different academic abilities.
More than 18 lakh students are expected to benefit from the scheme. Further, the impact of PM SHRI schools will generate support and guidance of the other schools in the vicinity of these model schools.
How does iDream Education align with the vision of PM Shri Schools?
We believe National Education Policy has the potential to transform school education if implemented with depth, research and precision. The PM Shri Schools will serve as live laboratories for implementing, refining, standardizing, and scaling the best-suited learning and teaching methodologies. All this is to create the base for the future of school education in India.
We at iDream Education are working towards our vision of facilitating universal access to learning and growth. For this, we have been digitizing Government schools across India through our digital learning solutions, including Smart class, Smart ICT Lab, PAL (Personalized Adaptive Learning) on Tablets, and Customized learning app/LMS in English, Hindi and other local languages as per State Boards.
We strongly believe that the PM Shri Schools have the potential to be a cornerstone in the systematic upliftment and transformation of our government school education ecosystem. Further details and information about the scheme, school selection and its implementation framework shall evolve in the coming days, and we shall keep sharing more information here as the clarity grows.
If in case you would like to share anything related to this article with us, kindly write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
One thought on “PM Shri Schools – Scheme to Transform 14,500 Govt Schools as Model Schools for NEP 2020”
Interesting, Very nice step for education system